Friday, October 13, 2006

Well, yesterday was a great day for poker in the Purdle household. Well, yesterday with some continuation from the day before...

The day before yesterday i decided to enter a $5 MTT on poker.com (the only place i play) and after much hard work, sweat and near deather experiences made the final table. I ended up taking 6th in the tournament so i was pretty happy with the outcome overall.

Riding the successes of the day before i decided to enter another $5 MTT yesterday. This might have been one of my best tournaments ever. I went the whole tournament and only saw one premium pocket pair (K,K) after i had already made the final table. I also did not see but one big ace (A,K) and didn't even get any action on it. I spent the whole tournament shortstacked clinging to life and still somehow managed to finish 5th. Overall it was a great time, played with some pretty cool ppl and did well.

So, after finishing there it was time for the 1k freeroll on poker.com. I entered of course and got myself ready to go. Take into consideration i had just made two straight final tables so i was feeling pretty confident about my chances. This time however, i wouldn't have to cling to a small stack. I got lucky and picked up kings and ended up getting it all in against someone and they held up. Hurray! Score one for the home team. From there on, i was a force. Never the chip leader but always in the top echleon (is that spelt right?) of stacks. I was however the chip leader at my table for a long time and used this greatly to my advantage stealing blinds here and there and playing big pots only with premium hands. My favorite move in the whole tournament had to be about midway through. I was still sitting pretty and someone tried to (i believe) steal my blind. I looked at my cards and had some nice suited connectors (7c,6c) and reraised. I flopped a straight. unfortunately, he didn't pick up anything on the flop so it was wasted.

We grind on for a while and finally, i find myself at the final table. Up to this point i have not put all of my chips at risk without a premium hand and i decided i would stick to my strategy. i still had about 70k in chips which was about middle of the pack so i was in no real hurry. And then it happens, with 6 players left there is an UTG raise of 24k...a good chunk of my stack. I look down to find pocket queens. After almost no thought at all i push all in. I knew the guy was a loose raiser and i had him right where i wanted him. Everyone folds and it comes back around to him and he says, "Good luck to us.." and calls with pocket nines. At this point i'm nearly jumping out of my seat because i know he practically has to hit his set to win and if i win i will be right up there with the chip leader. And then came the flop and much to my dismay, there's a 9, he hit his set. I don't improve and am crippled. A couple hands later i walk away in 6th place. I can't really say i did anything wrong just got unlucky. I can only think of what might have been. Oh well, it was a couple days overall. Now to see if we can keep this streak running. 3 final tables in 3 tournaments is pretty good i think :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home