Friday, October 13, 2006

Well, one more 1k freeroll, one more cash. No final table this time unfortunately but it was another good showing if nothing else.

For the first hour, i think i folded close to 90% of the time. Picked up AK twice and won both times just by putting pressure on ppl. Never flopped a pair. Was able to accumulate enough chips to feel comfortable, but not enough to really feel good. However, after the first break things started to pick up. In a span of about 10 minutes i picked up AA and KK twice each. Never won a big pot with either hand as my raises were getting too much respect at this point, but won enough to put me in good position anyway. Unfortunately that was the end of my good luck. I was a middle stack after the second break and then the cards dried up. The one hand i really saw was AQ and i missed, bet the flop and then had to fold to a reraise. A little bit costly. From that point on it was just survival. Saw one pocket pair after that (9,9) and stole the blinds. Stole the blinds a couple other times with lesser hands. Eventually ended up moving in with A5 shortstacked (less than 3 blinds) and got called from the big blind with KK. I didn't hit an ace and that was all she wrote. Not a lot else i could do in my position though. I had an ace. I could either try to make a move and pray for the blinds to fold or a lucky double up or just get blinded away. I hate being blinded away so i chose door one. Overall a good showing however, went out in 22nd place out of over 500 so i can't complain too much. It would have been nice to make another final table, but i feel my overall showing was very good. Now i just have to keep up this streak until the 10k freeroll on sunday. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home