Saturday, October 28, 2006

Grrr. It has not been a good day at the tables. I entered 2 tourneys a $5 and $10 and both ended in similar fashion. First the $5 since that was my first of the day.

Ok, so i didn't play great early, made a couple of mistakes and got shortstacked. So here I sit with 5 BB's left in my big blind. A loose raiser makes the minimum raise and i move in (of course). He calls and turns over 9's. Then, he proceeds to hit a set on the flop. In with the best of it, just unlucky.

Then, just now in the $10 it's still early, but i haven't done much. It's the 3rd level and I really haven't played a pot yet. Then, there is a huge raise UTG which looked like a big ace or a middle pair to me and a call from a bad player, so i put him on some kind of ace. I'm looking down at jacks again and decide i have the best hand and that the pot is big enough that i want to take it down now. I move in. The first guy sits for a while and folds. The second guy, sits for about half a second and then calls with A-10o. Awesome, in with the best of it as usual. 70-30 favorite and i feel pretty good about it. Flop comes out and i'm still safe, but there are 2 hearts in it (i'm sure you can see whre thsi is going). I have the jack of hearts, The guy who maade the bad call with A-10, of course, has the Ace of hearts. Long story short, he hits a runner, runner flush and away i go. I tried to think if i made the right move or not and i don't know. If i just call i end up maybe having an ace hit that flop and having to fold. If i fold, i think i'm playing way too tight. Jacks in that situation were most likely the best hand. I don't know, i really like the idea of making bad players make bad decisions so i think i still like that i moved in there. I did exactly what i wanted. Made him make a poor decision and got my money in as a favorite, and not just a small favorite. I really think i had 2 choices, fold (too weak for the players i was against, they were raising with junk) or move in...I wouldn't be nearly as upset if he caught the ace or something. Did it really have to be runner, runner flush to beat me. I think that's my least favorite way to lose a hand... >.<;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home