Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hurray! another good day at the tables for the most part. Entered a $10 MTT Hold 'em tourney this morning and made the final table and left with a few bucks. Can't remember what place i took. It was somewhere around 8th or so. I made a mistake there. I got impatient and tried to steal all in shortstacked and got caught. Oops! lol. Oh well. Didn't do much the rest of the day. Entered a $5 tourney and just missed the final table. Again, i got impatient and got caught stealing. I need to work on that. Entered a SnG or 2, won 1. Dominated it. Didn't get great cards, but destroyed the table with tons of pressure. Ended up calling the guys all in heads up with K-7s and he was caught, he had 10-9o. Oops for him. I hit my king and it was over.

Then, just now, i entered an Omaha tourney to see if i could do it again. I wasn't very hopeful once it started because less than 30 ppl entered which meant you had to get to the top 3 to make the money. Considering i still don't consider myself that good at Omaha i didn't feel very good about my chances. Ended up doing pretty well. Double up when i made top set with Kings and it turned into a fullhouse. Guy overcommited with his trips. It was perfect. From there on i just held on. I didn't see a lot of cards and just tried to survive. With 11 ppl left i picked up a goofy suited ace hand and decided to play it. Picked up a flush draw on the flop and everyone checked. Then, on the turn all hell broke loose. I picked up the nut straight draw to go with my nut flush draw and i was getting ready to push when 2 players in front of me pushed all in. I don't know if this was a mistake or not but i decided to lay it down. I think i maybe should have called since i had soooo many outs, but oh well. Ended up i would have made my flush and won a huge pot, but i chose the safe route and survived until the final table. I was the shortstack at the table and pretty worried. Felt i might end up having to end up picking a hand and just praying but i stayed patient. A few players got knocked out and i survived by stealing a couple blinds with mediocre holdings. Then i picked up queens in my big blind and hit top set. I pushed in and got called and doubled up. Not much later i pushed with aces and knocked a guy out when they held up. Now i was the chip leader with 4 to go and decided to sit back and wait. Waited for the 4th guy to get knocked out to make sure i made the money and then it was down to 3. Honestly at this point i didn't care what place i took. Ended up getting knocked out when i made a straight and another guy made a flush. I made a mistake there, but by the time i realized he was playing a made flush i was already down to just a few chips. I decided to just walk away with 3rd and was pretty happy with it. Now, in Omaha tourneys, i've made 2 final tables in the 4 that i've entered. Not sure if it's blind luck or if i'm doing something right, but i'll take it. So now, in the past few days i've made more final tables than i can count. I'm really starting to feel confident about my poker skills overall. One thing that i've noticed though, my cash game skills aren't as good as they were before i started playing so many tourneys. I think i must be changing something about the way i play, but i'm not sure what it is. Honestly though, i'm making more money in MTT's faster than i ever did playing just SnG's and cash games.

*Note: i have officially reached 100% gain on my original starting cash of $50. I must be doing something right ^_^

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home