Monday, October 16, 2006

So, i woke up this morning and decided to go ahead and play some more poker. I'm not an addict i swear lol. Honestly though, i feel really good about how i've been doing lately and would hate to stop playing when i'm playing so well. So anyway, played a SnG to start the day and took second. Didn't play great. I honestly think i got outplayed headsup. Either that or outflopped, i can't be sure which. Anyway, i felt alright about how i was playing so i entered a $5 MTT. Less than 50 ppl entered so i knew i had to make the top 5 to make the money. Not the best odds. I would have preferred if a couple more ppl had entered so it would have been the top 10 getting paid, but oh well. So the tourney started and i decided to go with my normal strategy. Tight early on. Won a couple pots checking the best hand to ppl and letting ppl bluff off their chips to me. Love doing that. Lost a hand with K-10 that hurt. Hit top pair and bet it. Bet the turn and got called by 2 ppl still. Check called the river and got to see K-8, who happened to hit 2 pair on the flop. That kind of crippled me and i tighted up even more. Spent most of the tournament below 10 BB and clinging to life. Finally, someone made a huge raise up front, i read it as a middle pair and moved in with AQ, i hit my ace and doubled up. This was huge for me, but i kept playing the same way. Got down below 10bb again and picked up AK to a raiser, i moved in hoping for another coinflip or domination. He called with pocket 6's and i hit my ace again. Another huge moment, but i still didn't have a lot of chips. If i remember correctly this as at the final table, but remember, only the top 5 get paid so final table means nothing at this point. A couple people get knocked out and we get down to 4 handed. Excellent, i made the money. I'm shortstacked at this point, don't really remember how that happened, but doing well regardless. Then near disaster struck. In my BB i have 87o and the small blind limps in. I hit 2 pair on the flop, but there is a straight draw on the board. I bet out hoping to force out a draw and get reraised. My bet dwindled my stack and i really felt pot committed. I really couldn't fold at this point even if i put him on the straight so i moved in and he called, with the straight. Then a miracle on the river, an 8 giving me a fullhouse. I win a big pot on sheer luck. So midstacked now and nothing really happens. Some good folds around the table and there aren't any major confrontations. Then, i make a mistake. I pick up aces in the small blind and decide to limp hoping they catch something they can play with on the flop. I flop comes out with a pair on the board and all low cards. I check looking for action and she checks behind me. on the turn a 3 and i bet out and get called. The river, another 3 and i move in, aces are cracked by k-3 making a fullhouse on the river. Honestly though, i deserved it. I played the hand terribly. I figured the 3 hit her and moved in anyway. Terrible play. Not sure where i would have finished if i raise before the flop and bet the flop and force her to fold, but regardless, i made a mistake and paid dearly for it. Overall though it was a good showing. Played well and hit cards when i needed to. Regardless, i'll be kicking myself for how i played those aces for a good while. ^_^

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home