Saturday, October 14, 2006

Well my streak of making the money ended today. Played in a $10 NL hold 'em MTT and was card dead from the moment it started. Never really got any cards that i felt good playing. Picked up QQ one time and won a decent pot, but that was the exent of it. Finally, with about 10 bb left and in the small blind i got 6's. A late position player raised and was called by the player on the button. I decided i had to make a move in hopes of everyone folding or being called by 2 overcards. Well, i got part of it right. Everyone except the initial raiser folded and turned over pocket 7's. I hit my set on the flop, but so did he. We both made a fullhouse but his was better and i went out. I don't think i made a bad play however. He almost mucked his pocket 7's. And regardless, i was going to make the call with my 6's and when i hit my set i would have moved in. Either way, the outcome would have been the same. I'm kind of amazed he made that call though since the only hand that i really played went to showdown and i had queens. It's either a genius call for him or blind luck. I honestly think he thought he was in a coinflip and decided to take the chance. Oh well. The 2k saturday freeroll starts in about 10 minutes. Hopefully i can have another good showing there. *crosses fingers* ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home