Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Well, i've been up and down for the past week or so. Mainly down, not so much up. I've been bouncing out of MTT's on the bubble over and over and it's been getting insanely frustrating. Well today, we had the 5th Street Charity Ball on poker.com with half of the proceeds going to the Make a Wish foundation. I signed up for this a couple weeks ago and have been really looking forward to playing in an event that goes towards such a good cause. Well, i didn't realize that this was a rebuy event until about 20 minutes in, but really it didn't make any difference to me at that point. I had already doubled up a couple times and was sitting fine for chips at break, but i went ahead and took an add on anyway. Ended up doing very well and making the final table. Sat and played fairly patiently and let ppl kill each other. Ended up getting down to 3 handed as the shortstack. Ended up moving all in with middle pair from the BB and got called by Q-10 (no pair) with a gutshot stragiht draw. Actually a great call given the situation and Pajasen (read Punk) ended up knocking me out in 3rd. I forgive Pajasen though since he/she (i have no clue) ended up going on to win it all. Grats Paj!

So, riding that success i entered a $10 tourney and i looked pretty good. With 11 ppl left i was about 5th in chips and then distaster. This guy who had been moving all in constantly moved in, i called with pocket queens figuring i was ahead (correctly). Then, the BB called with AK and the other showed pocket 3's. The 3's hit trips and the AK made a wheel straight on the river. Bye, bye purdle. Oh well, i played well and actually played that hand correctly in my mind. I just couldn't lay down queens against such a loose player.

Well, still feeling good about my play i just entered another $10 MTT. Ended up doing really well. Played shortstacked almost the whole time and ended up making the final table and the money. Sat around for a while, moved in when i thought i might have the best hand and stole the blinds a few times. Still shortstacked when it got down to 5 handed and then i moved in with pocket 2's hoping for a coinflip if anyone called. It didn't work. I got called by pocket 9's and ended up taking 5th. Still not bad and i'm back to where i started the week at.

One last thing. Played int he halloween tourney last night at poker.com . It was really a great time. I think i was playing well enough i should have at least made the money, and maybe another final table, but it wasn't meant to be. Midstacked i picked up Aces against 2 all ins. I of course move in and see i'm up against AK and QQ. Queen hit on the turn and that was it. Oh well, it was still a great time.

Overall, i think the past couple days i've been playing some of my best poker. Aggressive, but not too aggressive. Tight, but loose enough that ppl have to fear me. Hoping one of these days the good play will pay off for me and i'll get a big win. I'm going to satellite my way into the 15k guaranteed for this saturday and hope to hit big. We shall see.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pssst.. paj is a he ;)

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger ThePurdle said...

lol. i thought so but wasn't sure and i would hate to offend anyone. so i figured honesty is the best policy..i wasn't sure :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home