Thursday, November 02, 2006

i feel sick. just played 2 tournaments and they both royally sucked. no two ways about it. First i entered the 2k guaranteed. I did fine and made it until the first break. Then after break i was card dead. Didn't see anything for about 30 minutes. Finally pick up kings, getting kind of short stacked at this point and i'm facing a raise. I really only i had one move, all in or fold. I couldn't fold kings and you guessed it, i ran into aces.

Then, just now in the $10 MTT i went out in a hurry. I can't remember the last time i went out in a tourney this early. Well at least a non freeroll. Still very early in the tourney and i pick up aces. My table has been playing retared as usual so i decided to jam the pot preflop. Raise up 5 times the BB to 100. There had been 3 limpers and i had to get rid of some of them anyway. I get one caller. The flop comes out K-x-10. Not really much to be scared of but there are 2 diamonds out there. To my suprise the guy bets into me. At this point i put him on some kind of king. Like KQ or something because these are the type of hands he's been playing. I raise, Jam the pot to push him off any draw he might be on and make sure he actually has a pair. The turn comes out a J. At this point i think i'm probably still fine. I don't think he has 2 pair. Only scary thing (i thought) was that this was a 3rd diamond so he could have theoretically been staying with his flush draw. I decide he is scared of the diamond too and isn't very confident in his king when he checks to me. I move in, trying to take the pot down right there. He calls. He hit Broadway. He stayed with a gutshot straight draw and nothing else facing the kind of betting i was making. I don't know what the hell he was thinking or how he could have possibly thought his AQo was any good on that flop, but hey, what do i know. Chasing a gutshot there...amazing. I guess it worked, but honestly i should have picked that pot up on the flop. He had absolutely nothing. I'm fuming. I don't understand how ppl that have been playing long enough to get 3 gold stars on poker.com can make such awful calls. I don't care that he got lucky and hit it. I do care that he made an awful call and got lucky. Granted, i should have let off the gas when the 3rd flush card came, but i was spot on when i knew that he wasn't on a flush draw. Little did i know that he would chase a much longer shot than a flush draw.... >.<;;

On the bright side, as i got my message saying "Congratulations you finished incredibly far from the money in the $10 NL Hold 'em Tournament" (I hate that damn message unless i have smething to be proud of) i recieved my Blogger Poker Tour coupon! Hurray! Can't wait. Ok, i'm off to go pull my ears off. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home