Sunday, November 05, 2006

Today was a good day for poker. But first, let me just mention the rest of yesterday. Decided to enter a $10 tourney with my buddy Muratore. We both ended up making the final table because we just rock like that. Unfortunately we went out 8th and 9th or something so it kind of sucked. We got our money back, but not much more. Honestly though, for the cards i had it was a great showing.

As for today i started the day off by playing the forum league sng. I dominated. Absolutely dominated. Had one big bluff semi early that kind of set me for the rest of the tourney. Raised UTG with 8-9s and got one caller. I flopped a flush draw so i bet hoping to take it down. It didn't work. On the turn i picked up a straight draw to go with my flush draw so i went all in. Didn't get called and set myself up as the chipleader. I don't think i lost the lead from that point on. I was aggressive as hell, made a couple of nice lay downs and rolled over the table i thought. Caught some cards at the right times which helped, but i was very, very happy with the way i played. Ended up winning it so i was pretty happy about that.

After that i decided to go ahead and try to win my way into the 15k guaranteed tourney. My first attempt sucked, busted out of the $2 satellite so i tried again. Ended up winning that one. It was tough though. Very, very tough. Ended up being heads up against a guy named Gator. No joke, the heads up match lasted about a half hour. It was insane. Ended up winning it though. I was able to whittle him down by taking down small pots and once i had the chip lead (i started out abotu 1k down) i didn't relinquish it. It was beautiful. From there i entered the $10 satellite and also won that. Knocked out 2 ppl at once with pocket kings and had a huge chip lead going into heads up. It only lasted about 3 hands i think. I moved in with a-8 or something and he called with pocket 7's. I got my ace and won.

The 15k was a great time. I started out as a chipleader by knocking out someone with pocket aces. Then knocked out another person by flopping 2 pair with AQ. Then knocked out another by flopping trip 9's. It was monstorous. The crappy part was after that i went completely card dead. Ended up about a midstack with under 50 ppl left and the top 30 getting paid. Picked up aces and raised from the button. The big blind called. The flop came out all spades and i had the ace of spades. To my suprise he moved all in. I figured top pair or something and he was protecting his hand so i called. unfortunately for me he had flopped trip 2's. I didn't improve and that was the end of my tourney. Honestly though, even if i knew he had flopped trips i probably would have had to call. I had 9 spades that could help me and 2 aces. 11 outs. a about a 44 percent chance of making my hand and taking down a big pot. Oh well, it was a fun tourney. The level of play was overall a lot better than the normal tourneys. Also, the blinds move up slower so it gives you more time to play with skill as opposed to having to start gambling early.

So, feeling pretty good about the way i was playing i sat down at a ring game. Sat down with $40, left with $80. Was actually up to $100 but had a couple hands that cost me quite a bit. So again, still feeling good about my play i entered one last tourney for the night, another $10 mtt. I played really, really well i think. i was actually chip leader for a good portion of the tourney. Had a really cool incident too. Got transferred to a new table and had 2 ppl i had played with a couple times tell me how much they respect my game and such. Super cool. anyway, ended up going card dead after the first break and slowly dropped down the leaderboard. I ended up making the final table as the shortstack. I was able to last a until 6th, but that was all i could muster. The blinds were just too big. I did double up once, but it just wasn't enough. Ended up pushing all in with pocket 5's and getting called by Q-10o. He hit his queen on the turn and that was it. There wasn't much i could do though. If i don't move there i have less than 5 bb's which is pretty dire straights. I may have been able to wait longer, but i don't know what the odds are that i get a better hand than that before i get blinded out. I played to win and didn't lol. If i won that though i was right back in the game. Overall though it was a good showing, for the entire day actually. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home