Saturday, October 21, 2006

Ok, so yesterday was kind of a down day for poker. I entered a few tourneys and didn't cash in any. Ended up down like $40 so i was kind of down about that. Played a ring game and sucked there too. Got a little bit back by laying 3 heads up matches and winning all of them. Then won a SnG and took second in 2 others so that helped bring me back up. Still ended the day down about $15 which was crappy since i haven't had one of those days in a while.

So this morning i decided i was just going to completely focus and enter a $10 NL Hold 'em tourney. It was a struggle. I never saw a pair bigger than pocket 10's and i ended up laying those down (incorrectly even). Got a double up from my BB when i hit 2 pair and someone moved in. That was basically the only hand i won for a long, long time. Ended up hanging on until the final table and entered as the 2nd shortest stack. Kind of a crappy deal since only 5 get paid. Regardless of the fact that i had less than 10 BB i stayed patient. The shortest stack got knocked out so now i as the short stack. I was starting to feel kind of desperate and decided to go ahead and make a stand when the small blind (the big stack) tried to steal my BB and i moved in with KJ. He folded and i added a good little bit to my chip stack. Only a couple hands later i picked up AQ suited and moved in with it. I got called by the big stack with Q-10o and was able to double up. This jumped me into the top 5 so i felt pretty good and started my sit back and wait game again. I laid down a couple hands i would have liked to push with but decided they really weren't worth the risk. Finally, down to 7 ppl i picked up AK and moved in. I got called by pocket 10's and a junkier ace and tripled up. This made me the big stack and now i was in realyl solid position, especially since i felt i was the best player at the table. Sat back and we got down to 3 handed and i was still the big stack. The second biggest stack got crippled by the short stack (moving what had beent he short stack into 2nd) and i put him all in with pocket 3's. He had 2 overcards, but my 3's held up and now we were heads up and i had a 2-1 chip advantage. I started getting real aggressive. Raising with anything decent, queen or better and the guy kept folding. If he pushed back i would let it slide and then come back with more on the next hand. Hit a break when i limped a junky jack and ended up making a straight on the river and taking a good chunk of his chips. I basically just wore him down and finallygot him so he had just a couple BB's left. i ended up putting him all in with pocket 2's. He called and it was a coinflip, until i hit a set on the flop. Game over. That's 2 tournament wins now. Hurray! ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home