Friday, October 20, 2006

Woot! I finally got an outright win in a tourney. Again, a late night tourney before bed. Entered the $5 Omaha. It started with just 17 ppl which was both good and bad. Meant less ppl, but also that i had to make the top 3 to make the money. Well, so the story goes. I made the final table (hurray i beat out 7 ppl) and i was the shortstack. Of course. Well, i held on and held on. Picked up a couple double suited aces and raised and then went all in on the flop. I didn't get called either time. The final table actually was awesome. Great play overall and took over an hour. Not sure what happened, but i ended up making the final 3. Then, down to threehanded the second stack made a huge mistake and busted out to the big stack. So here i am, the shortstack and i have to come from way back. I think it was about a 3-1 chip advantage. I somehow battled back. Picked up a couple hands and was able to wittle him down until i had the chip lead. From there on it was smooth sailing. I dominated heads up and took home the prize of $45. Not great, but not bad either.

I guess i'm pretty good at Omaha even though i don't really feel very confident. My record now is 5 entries, 3 cashes. A third place and a 1st. That's better than my hold 'em record so i guess i need to play more Omaha. I don't know if it's that i'm good at the game or that the ppl i'm playing against are bad, but either way it's working for me. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home